The WIAT-IIUK-T is the most comprehensive UK-normed assessment package designed for access arrangements, statementing and general literacy levels.
The WIAT-IIUK-T is the only test for specialist teachers currently offering subtests in the three key areas of reading:
- untimed single word accuracy
- reading comprehension
- reading speed.
It provides the following:
- Single Word Reading - includes letter identification, phonological awareness, letter-sound awareness, accuracy and automaticity of word recognition
- Reading Comprehension - stories and sentences include literal, inferential and lexical comprehension, oral reading accuracy and fluency and word recognition in context
- Reading Speed - for 6 to 16 years 11 months. Words per minute (WPM) can also be recorded for the full age range
- Reading Rate - this is calculated from the Reading Comprehension subtest. The quartile scores identify the slow and accurate, slow and inaccurate, fast and accurate and fast and inaccurate reader
- Single Word Spelling - includes letter-sound correspondence for vowels, consonants and consonant blends, regular and irregular words, contradictions and high-frequency homonyms.
In addition to a full set of US norms for the adult population, WIAT-IIUK-T provides up-to-date UK norms for children and adolescents. Based on 800 children, across all geographic regions, the data accurately represents the current UK population aged 4 to 16 years 11 months according to the 2001 UK census data.
See the whole Wechsler range >