More than 50 years of proven clinical utility is the hallmark of Benton Visual Retention Test®. This test has proven its sensitivity to reading disabilities, nonverbal learning disabilities, traumatic brain injury, Attention-Deficit Disorder, Alzheimer's, and other forms of dementia. Besides easy administration, this test also features updated normative data, expanded scoring examples, and a detailed review of research conducted with the test.
This update of the Benton Visual Retention Test® assesses visual perception and visual constructional problems, with special features including:
- Updated norms, including older adults
- Easy to administer format, requiring little equipment
- All 30 designs bound together in a single stimulus booklet
- Template ensuring accurate scoring with expanded scoring examples
- Review of clinical and research applications.
Each of the 3 test forms consists of 10 designs presented one-by-one. The examinee reproduces the drawings in the Response Booklet-Record Form. The 3 alternate, equivalent forms of the Benton Visual Retention Test® allow for retesting while minimizing practice effects. Interrater scoring is highly reliable (r = .95 to .97).