UK Update Record Forms Now Available
Offering valuable enhancements, the RBANS Update provides a brief, individually administered battery to measure cognitive decline or improvement across these domains:
- Immediate Memory – List Learning and Story Memory
- Visuospatial/Constructional – Figure Copy and Line Orientation
- Language – Picture naming and Semantic Fluency
- Attention – Digit Span and Coding
- Delayed Memory – List Recall, List Recognition, Story Memory, and Figure Recall
This instrument is used by clinicians to help:
- Screen for deficits in acute-care settings
- Track recovery during rehabilitation
- Track progression of neurological disorders
- Screen for neurocognitive status in adolescents
Features & Benefits
RBANS Update provides significant improvements, including:
- Downward age extension to 12:0 years
- Subtest scores now available in addition to index scores
- Manual updates, including new information on adolescents and review of RBANS-specific research conducted since original publication (1998)
- Equating studies for Forms C and D
Ideal for measuring change over time, RBANS Update offers four parallel forms with Forms A and B being adapted for UK use. Form A offers a single set of norms based on age, gender, race, education, and geographic region with equating studies and adjustments for Forms B to D.
RBANS Update can also be used in a variety of ways including:
- As a stand-alone “core” battery for the detection and characterization of dementia in the elderly
- As a neuropsychological “screen battery” when lengthier standardization assessments are either impractical or inappropriate
- For repeat evaluations when an alternate form is needed to control for content practice effects
- In Clinical Trials to identify inclusion/exclusion criteria as well as efficacy and cognitive side effects
Although RBANS Update was originally developed with a primary focus on assessment of dementia, special group studies are available for Alzheimer’s Disease, Vascular Dementia, HIV Dementia, Huntington’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, Depression, Schizophrenia, and Closed Head Injury. With the additional collection of adolescent data, RBANS Update also has utility as a screener for neurocognitive status in younger patients as well. Finally, RBANS UPDATE has been used in a number of Clinical Trials.
RBANS UK Adaptation
The UK adaptation was developed to assist UK clinicians with administering the RBANS Update, it consists of substitute words for UK administration. The UK adapted materials consist of updated UK record forms for forms A and B, UK scoring templates for forms A and B, and notes for UK users to supplement administration.
New Digital Option for RBANS (US version only)
RBANS (US version only) offers an efficient and easy-to-use, digital option for test administration, scoring and reporting.
Q-interactive – our iPad device-based system for administration, scoring and reporting.
Q-interactive delivers the world’s most advanced assessment tools you can take with you anywhere. It enables you to administer interactive assessments with an intuitive, portable system that uses two iPads connected to each other via Bluetooth.
RBANS (US version only) on Q-interactive is available when you purchase a Q-interactive Standard Licence*.
> Learn more about Q-interactive
*Please note: Registered users with a qualification code of CL1 are eligible to purchase assessments from the Q-interactive Standard Licence. You can view the list of available assessments and place your order on our Q-interactive pages.
Additional materials required for Q-interactive
To use RBANS (US version only) on Q-interactive you will also need to order additional materials as required - you can purchase these online, if listed, or by contacting our Pearson Clinical Customer Service Team on email@example.com or tel: 0345 630 8888 (Mon to Fri, 8.30am to 5.00pm).
> View list of additional materials required (PDF, 88KB)