Now available via remote administration on Q-global!
The PEDI-CAT is a computer adaptive caregiver report which measures Daily Activities, Mobility, Social/Cognitive, and Responsibility. It’s designed for use with children and young people with a variety of physical and/or behavioral conditions.
The PEDI-CAT is only available in digital format on Q-global, our web-based system for scoring and reporting paper administrations.
> View the introduction to PEDI-CAT webinar
The PEDI-CAT is used by Australia's National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to contribute to information gathered by the NDIS to understand how a child’s developmental delay impacts on their ability to participate in daily life activities compared to other children of a similar age.
> Sign up to Q-global to access the PEDI-CAT
The PEDI-CAT measures abilities in four domains:
- Daily Activities
- Responsibility - measures the extent to which the caregiver or child takes responsibility for managing complex, multi-step life tasks.
- For the three Functional Skills domains of Daily Activities, Mobility, and Social/Cognitive, children's ability is rated on a 4 point Difficulty Scale with responses ranging from "Unable" to "Easy."
- The Responsibility domain has its own 5 point Responsibility Scale with responses ranging from 'Adult/caregiver has full responsibility; the child does not take any responsibility' to 'Child takes full responsibility without any direction, supervision or guidance from an adult/caregiver'.
- Unique Item Maps represent a reasonable, sequential pattern of functional skills consistent with children's development and recovery of function and transfer of responsibility from adult to child throughout childhood and young adulthood.
- Identification of functional delay
- Examination of improvement for an individual child after intervention
- Evaluation and monitoring of group progress in program evaluation and research
- Can be used on multiple occasions for the same child (e.g. initial, interim, discharge and follow-up) and there is no minimum time that must pass between assessments
- Scaled scores can be used for out-of-age (criterion referenced) assessment.
- Two Versions: Speedy and Content-Balanced
- New for 2020! - New Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Module
- a module of the PEDI-CAT that has been validated for the population of children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). This module includes additional directions to help respondents select an appropriate rating given the unique characteristics of children with autism. This module also includes new or revised items in the Daily Activities, Social/Cognitive, and Responsibility domains. In addition, scaling of items on the Social/Cognitive domain has been adjusted according to the unique patterns of children and youth with autism
- Age, gender and mobility device filters prevent irrelevant items from being presented
- Items are worded using everyday language and clear examples
- Illustrations of Daily Activities and Mobility items included to facilitate understanding of item intent.
Tiered pricing discount options:
When using PEDI-CAT on Q-global you can purchase multiple reports to benefit from the tiered pricing options shown below:
Digital options for PEDI-CAT
Q-global® - our web-based system for scoring and reporting paper administrations.
Q-global helps you quickly and efficiently organise examinee information, generate scores, and produce accurate comprehensive reports.
Q-global® is a secure and affordable web-based platform for test administration, scoring and reporting. It houses the industry's gold standard in assessment tools and is accessible from any computer connected to the Internet.
Learn more about Q-global