Beery VMI Teaching Materials help teachers and parents estimate and encourage a child’s progress.
- Foster communication between parents and teachers.
- Build a strong basis for art, academic, and athletic skills.
- Monitor progress based on developmental “stepping stones”.
- Support early prevention, with tools used for children from Birth through age six providing an important foundation for the teaching of letter and numeral shapes in the first semester of kindergarten.
- Develop remediation plans for struggling learners.
The starter kit includes:
- Developmental Teaching Activities: 250+ activities for teachers and parents to use with children to help develop solid foundations for art, academics and athletic skills. At each level, activities are included for gross motor, fine motor, visual, and visual-motor development.
- My Book of Shapes: 100 geometric paper-and-pencil exercises that preschool and kindergarten teachers and parents may use with children to refine motor, visual, and visual-motor activities development.
- My Book of Letters and Numbers: 100 exercises for use with students in the second semester of kindergarten. Motor, visual, and visual-motor skills children learn can be successfully transferred to numeral and letter shapes they will use in school.
- Developmental Wall Chart for Visual-Motor Integration: A laminated full-color wall chart of basic gross, fine motor, visual, and visual-motor developmental "stepping stones" from birth to age 6.
- Beery VMI Stepping Stones Parent Checklist: A consumable checklist of more than 200 key developmental "stepping stones" useful in tracking developmental progress and design learning programs.
- Materials on CD: Reproduce teaching activities and worksheets as often as you need – saving cost and time.