Bayley-4 UK is coming soon - March (print) and April (digital).
Get 10% off when you pre-order Bayley-4 UK, by using the code BAYLEY10 (expiring on 31st March). Learn More
The Bayley Scales of Infant Development (Bayley-III) are recognised internationally as one of the most comprehensive tools to assess children from as young as one month old. Bayley-III identifies infant and toddler strengths and competencies, as well as their weakness. It also provides a valid and reliable measure of a child's abilities, in addition to giving comparison data for children with high-incidence clinical diagnoses. Growth scores can be used to chart intervention progress, and it's useful in programme evaluation, ongoing monitoring of progress and outcome measurement.
- Obtain detailed information even from non-verbal children as to their functioning
- Children are assessed in the five key developmental domains of cognition, language, social-emotional, motor and adaptive behaviour.
- Easier to administer, more user-friendly; easy-to-follow record forms, easel-back stimulus book, child-appealing manipulatives and play-based items to facilitate assessment
- Easier to determine if child performed the target behaviour
- Simplified scoring rules
- Extended floor and ceiling - Clinician can more easily identify lower functioning infants and toddlers
- Improved clinical studies - Special data collected and presented on children with high-incidence clinical diagnoses
- More parent/caregiver involvement - New test items allow for family input
- Reduced kit weight and size
- Core battery of five scales: Three scales administered with child interaction; cognitive, motor, language. Two scales conducted with parent questionnaires: social-emotional, adaptive behaviour
- Caregiver Report Form - a template for the examiner to provide scores, information on tests given, how child performed and recommendations
- Behaviour Observation Inventory - separate scale for validating examiner and parent perceptions of the child's responses
- New norms based on 1,700 children stratified according age, based on the 2000 US Census
- Ideal for team-testing or multi-disciplinary teams where a professional in each area may assess the child
- Flexible - can administer one or more domain subtests individually
- Rolling case for ease of travel
- Social-emotional subtest - Authored by one of the USA's leading experts in child development, Stanley Greenspan
- Adaptive Behaviour subtest - Written by ABAS-II authors Patti L Harrison and Thomas Oakland
- Caregiver Report
- Growth Scores and Growth Charts
- Screening Test - A true screener to determine if further testing is necessary
Bayley-III UK Validation
Now available, the Bayley-III UK and Ireland Supplement reports the results of the UK and Ireland validation study, general considerations for use of the Bayley lll in the UK and Ireland, and 8 case studies.
A broadly representative sample of 221 children aged around 12 and 24 months in the UK and Ireland was included, taking into account geographic region, gender, age, ethnicity and parental education.
The case studies present developmental history, assessment information, and interpretation of scores for eight children with one of the following conditions: birth asphyxia, prenatal exposure to substance abuse, seizures, speech and language difficulties, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome or PDD.
The EPICure Study is using Bayley-III - click EPICure Study for more information.
IMPORTANT: Bayley-III Complete Kit is no longer available for purchase