Face-to-Face WAIS-IV Training: WAIS-IV Interpretation
This training allows for an individual to gain a greater understanding of WAIS-IV general interpretation. This is a good course for those new to the WAIS IV and its general interpretation, or those looking for a refresher/update. It will look at:
- History of the WAIS-IV: How the assessment has changed since its original development
- The Assessment: Reasons why a WAIS-IV assessment is completed and what it is not designed to assess.
- Scoring of the WAIS-IV: Scoring the WAIS- IV correctly using a worked example. This will consider what may and may not be interpreted in accordance to WAIS-IV reliability.
- Components of the WAIS-IV, namely verbal comprehension, working memory, perceptual reasoning and processing speed will be examined in detail.
- Report Writing: Importance of compiling a report that is meaningful and focused on the target audience.
Date: 21st October 2020
Time: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Cost: £220.00 + VAT(44.00) = £264.00
Venue: CCATS, Westbourne House, 3 Lockwood Avenue, Poulton-le-Fylde, Lancashire, FY6 7AB. This is a non-residential course. The training cost does not include accommodation.
Who should attend: All delegates should have a preliminary understanding/ familiarity of WAIS-IV administration (or at least WAIS III/IV in its short form). They must possess a degree in psychology recognised by the BPS as conferring Graduate Basis (GBC). Psychologists in training can attend, although their clinical use of the WAIS-IV should be completed in accordance to the manual, local organisational policies, and under supervision of a Registered Psychologist with extensive expertise in use of the WAIS, and who takes full responsibility for its interpretation.
Trainers: Dr. Carol A. Ireland
Course materials: It would be helpful if delegates were able to bring a copy of the WAIS-IV manual. Two delegates from the same workplace may share. A certificate of attendance will be provided to all.
> Register for course
To aid your understanding and application of your new Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale - Fourth UK Edition (WAIS-IV UK) and Wechsler Memory Scale - Fourth UK Edition (WMS-IV UK) we have prepared a free online training course for you to use.
This online training package equips the psychologist with in-depth information on the new test. The tool enables you to learn at your own pace in the convenience of your home or office.
Once you have submitted your form it will be sent to our customer services team. They will then contact you within 1 working day with a username and password you can use to access the training. If you have any difficulties or queries, please call customer services on 0345 630 8888 or email email@example.com.