Face-to-Face WAIS-IV Training: WAIS-IV Interpretation
This training allows for an individual to gain a greater understanding of WAIS-IV general interpretation. This is a good course for those new to the WAIS IV and its general interpretation, or those looking for a refresher/update. It will look at:
- History of the WAIS-IV: How the assessment has changed since its original development
- The Assessment: Reasons why a WAIS-IV assessment is completed and what it is not designed to assess.
- Scoring of the WAIS-IV: Scoring the WAIS- IV correctly using a worked example. This will consider what may and may not be interpreted in accordance to WAIS-IV reliability.
- Components of the WAIS-IV, namely verbal comprehension, working memory, perceptual reasoning and processing speed will be examined in detail.
- Report Writing: Importance of compiling a report that is meaningful and focused on the target audience.
Date: 21st October 2020
Time: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Cost: £220.00 + VAT(44.00) = £264.00
Venue: CCATS, Westbourne House, 3 Lockwood Avenue, Poulton-le-Fylde, Lancashire, FY6 7AB. This is a non-residential course. The training cost does not include accommodation.
Who should attend: All delegates should have a preliminary understanding/ familiarity of WAIS-IV administration (or at least WAIS III/IV in its short form). They must possess a degree in psychology recognised by the BPS as conferring Graduate Basis (GBC). Psychologists in training can attend, although their clinical use of the WAIS-IV should be completed in accordance to the manual, local organisational policies, and under supervision of a Registered Psychologist with extensive expertise in use of the WAIS, and who takes full responsibility for its interpretation.
Trainers: Dr. Carol A. Ireland
Course materials: It would be helpful if delegates were able to bring a copy of the WAIS-IV manual. Two delegates from the same workplace may share. A certificate of attendance will be provided to all.
> Register for course
This online training package equips the psychologist with in-depth information on the new test. The tool enables you to learn at your own pace in the convenience of your home or office. 1 user login account is provided complimentary with your purchase of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale - Fourth UK Edition (WAIS-IV UK) and/or Wechsler Memory Scale - Fourth UK Edition (WMS-IV UK).
Note: Training orders will be processed within 72 business hours of order placement. The training is accessed via a welcome email sent to the email address associated with the order.