The Conners Comprehensive Behavior Rating Scales™ (Conners CBRS™) is designed to provide a complete overview of child and adolescent concerns and disorders. It is a multi-informant assessment of children and youth across multiple settings, with rating forms for parents, teachers, and youth.
The Conners CBRS provides a wealth of information with Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5™) Symptom Scales, Content Scales, Other Clinical Indicators, Critical Items, and Impairment Items.
- Assistance with differential diagnosis , including comorbid disorders
- Identify students for potential eligibility in special education programs by determining the presence of social, emotional, behavioral, or academic difficulties
- Develop informed intervention and treatment strategies with information on a broad range of childhood disorders and concerns
- Monitor response to intervention and its effectiveness with detailed progress reports
- Gain clarity by using one of the most comprehensive behavior ratings scales available, allowing for identification of comorbid disorders that assist with differential diagnosis
- Easily administer, score, and interpret results with a user friendly design
- Discover where functioning is most impacted with impairment items that indicate how the youth functions in academic, home, and social settings
- Quickly screen and monitor treatment with the Conners Clinical Index (Conners CI)
- Gain a multi-rater perspective of the youth’s difficulties with a Parent, Teacher, and Self-report version
- Assessment Reports provide detailed information about scores from a single administration, presented both numerically and graphically. An individual's scores are compared to those in the normative sample and elevations at the scale and subscale level are indicated.
- Progress Reports compare the results of two to four administrations for the same individual to measure changes over time. These reports are ideal to use when monitoring treatment and intervention effectiveness.
- Comparative Reports combine the results of different raters to provide an overview of an individual's scores from a multi-rater perspective. This highlights potentially important inter-rater differences in scores.
Conners CBRS –Parent (Conners CBRS–P)
The Conners CBRS Parent forms assess social, emotional, behavioral, and academic problems in children and adolescents ages 6 to 18. The form is available in one comprehensive length and is recommended for initial evaluations and complete re-evaluations. When used in conjunction with teacher ratings, differences between home and school are highlighted.
Conners CBRS – Teacher (Conners CBRS–T)
The Conners CBRS Teacher forms assess social, emotional, behavioral, and academic problems in children and adolescents ages 6 to 18. This version provides comprehensive results and is recommended for initial evaluations and complete re-evaluations. When used with the parent form, differences between home and school are highlighted.
Conners CBRS –Self-Report (Conners CBRS–SR)
The Connors CBRS Self-Report forms measure social, emotional, behavioral, and academic problems in children and adolescents ages 8 to 18. This version provides comprehensive results and is recommended for initial evaluations and comprehensive re-evaluations.
Conners Clinical Index (Conners CI™)
Available as part of the Conners CBRS or as a separate standalone form, the Conners CI is useful as a quick screening and pre-evaluation instrument to see if further evaluation is warranted in one of the following areas: Disruptive Behavior Disorders, Mood Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, Learning and Language Disorders, and ADHD. The Conners CI can also assist in planning and monitoring treatment/intervention.
How to use the assessment
The Conners CBRS is available in online and software formats. Once completed, Assessment Reports and Progress Reports are also available to help gather and record information, summarize results, and facilitate discussion.
Conners Comprehensive Behavior Rating Scales also includes an auxiliary scale: the Conners Comprehensive Behavior Rating Scales Clinical Index. Feedback Forms, Assessment Reports and Progress Reports are also available to help gather and record information and facilitate discussion. All of these components are described in more detail below.
The software required for the Conners CBRS is no longer available. For existing users, we will continue to supply the response booklets.