BOT-2 assesses the motor proficiency of all students, ranging from those who are normally developing to those with moderate motor-skill deficits. It can also be used for developing and evaluating motor training programmes.
Challenging, game-like tasks: children enjoy the variety and appeal of the test items. BOT-2 items provide a full range of interesting tasks that measure gross and fine motor skills—maintaining balance while standing on one leg, bouncing a ball, and cutting out a circle are just a few examples.
Also available in digital format via Q global®
New administration manual makes testing more efficient
BOT-2 features a completely new administration manual with an easy-to-use layout that gives examiners access to all the information they need on a single page. The manual also provides suggestions to guide examiners in explaining the tasks. For the examinee, large, clear pictures of the tasks being completed help provide a better understanding of the test items, especially for children who have language, cognition or attention problems.
Feautures 8 subtests that assess:
- Fine Motor Precision—7 items (e.g., cutting out a circle, connecting dots)
- Fine Motor Integration—8 items (e.g., copying a star, copying a square)
- Manual Dexterity—5 items (e.g., transferring pennies, sorting cards, stringing blocks)
- Bilateral Coordination—7 items (e.g., tapping foot and finger, jumping jacks)
- Balance—9 items (e.g., walking forward on a line, standing on one leg on a balance beam)
- Running Speed and Agility—5 items (e.g., shuttle run, one-legged side hop)
- Upper-Limb Coordination—7 items (e.g., throwing a ball at a target, catching a tossed ball)
- Strength—5 items (e.g., standing long jump, sit-ups).
BOT–2 covers a broad array of fine and gross motor skills, providing composite scores in four motor areas and one comprehensive measure of overall motor proficiency. These composites are:
- Fine Manual Control
- Manual Coordination
- Body Coordination
- Strength and Agility
- Total Motor Composite
BOT-2 ASSIST features include:
- Unlimited scoring
- Entry of either the Item Raw Scores (IRS) or subtests Total Point Scores (TPS)
- Generation of derived scores and score profiles
- Identification of examinees' motor skill strengths and weaknesses.
Comprehensive Training DVD
This DVD provides an in-depth look at all aspects of the BOT-2. The video includes an introduction by the authors, a detailed look at test administration, scoring and reporting information and an overview of the BOT-2 ASSIST scoring and reporting software program.
Q-global® - Our web-based system for scoring and reporting paper administrations
Q-global® is our secure and affordable web-based platform for test administration, scoring and reporting. It houses the industry's gold standard in assessment tools and is accessible from any computer connected to the Internet. Q-global helps you quickly and efficiently organise examinee information, generate scores, and produce accurate comprehensive reports.
Two pricing options on Q-global:
Pay per-report: suitable for customers who administer this assessment a few times each year, or those who want the flexibility to pay only as the assessment is used.
- Unlimited use subscription: which provides one user, access to unlimited scoring and reporting for a year. This option is suited to customers who administer this assessment several times each year - and don't want to worry about keeping track of their report expenses.
Learn more about Q-interactive
Please note there is no onscreen administration due to the nature of these assessments. Scores should be manually entered in order for scores and reports to be generated.