The CCC-2 is the latest version of a checklist that has been in development for 10 years. The 70-item questionnaire completed by a caregiver screens for communication problems in children aged 4 to 16 years. It can be hand or electronically scored.
Use the CCC-2 to:
- Screen for children who are likely to have language impairment
- Identify pragmatic impairment in children with communication problems
- Assist in identifying children who may merit from further assessment for an autistic spectrum disorder.
Standard scores and percentiles are provided for each of the following 10 scales: A.
inappropriate initiation, F.
stereotyped language, G.
use of context, H.
nonverbal communication, I.
social relations, J.
Two composites are derived:
- The General Communication Composite (GCC) is used to identify children likely to have clinically significant communication problems
- The Social Interaction Deviance Composite (SIDC) can assist in identifying children with a communicative profile characteristic of autism.
Communication Checklist - Adult and Communication Checklist - Self Report are now available.
Author Margo Sharp talks about the 'particularly helpful CCC range' in SEN Magazine 47 >