WISC-VUK is now available in the Q-interactive Assessment library
Use Q-interactive, Pearson's interactive digital assessment platform, to create unique, client-centric batteries at both the instrument and subtest levels.
Find out more >
The Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children®– Fifth UK Edition (WISC®–VUK) is the latest version of the most proven trusted cognitive ability measure ever. Available in both a paper-and-pencil format and a digital format on Q-interactive®, the WISC–VUK delivers more flexibility and more content.
WISC®–VUK has been redesigned to give you a truly comprehensive picture of a child's abilities and it includes notable improvements to make identifying the issues—and finding the solutions—faster and easier, without sacrificing the Wechsler gold standard of excellence.
View WISC-V UK Fact Sheets >
Users & Applications
Psychologists working in schools, clinics, hospitals, universities and forensics can use the WISC–VUK for diverse applications such as:
- identifying learning difficulties
- identifying and diagnosing learning disabilities/disorders
- evaluating of cognitive processing strengths and weaknesses
- assessing for giftedness
- assessing the impact of brain injuries.
A Smarter Future of Assessment - WISC®–VUK on Q-interactive
Content & Administration
The WISC®–VUK gives you flexibility and interpretive power, along with access to more subtests, so you get a broader view of a child's cognitive abilities. An expanded factor structure provides new and separate visual spatial and fluid reasoning composites for all ages.
New Primary Subtests
Three new primary subtests extend the content coverage of the WISC®–VUK and increase its practical application.
- Visual Puzzles is a new Visual Spatial subtest that measures the ability to analyse and synthesise information
- Figure Weights is a new Fluid Reasoning subtest that measures quantitative reasoning and induction
- Picture Span is a new Working Memory subtest that measures visual working memory
Expanded and Updated Factor Structure
The test structure includes new and separate visual spatial and fluid reasoning composites for greater interpretive clarity and a variety of levels of composites for interpretive options.
Features & Benefits
More efficient and user-friendly
- The WISC–VUK increases construct coverage without increasing testing time. So, you get a more efficient, developmentally appropriate measure– and still have time to assess other domains of interest
- Efficiently produce all primary index scores
- Significantly reduced testing time to obtain the FSIQ
- Simplified instructions with reduced vocabulary level, shorter discontinue rules, and refined scoring criteria
- Five primary index scores, the FSIQ as well as three of the five ancillary index scores can be obtained through the ten primary subtests
More interpretive power
- WISC–VUK provides statistical links to the WIAT-III, to support more flexible evaluation of specific learning disabilities and two major approaches to specific learning disability identification: pattern of strengths and weaknesses analyses and ability-achievement discrepancy analyses
- Expanded score analysis approach highlights index- and subtest-level strength and weaknesses analyses
- Separate visual spatial and fluid reasoning composite scores results in greater interpretive clarity
- Selection of process scores has been greatly expanded to enhance the depth of interpretation and understanding of performance
Updated psychometric properties
- Updated normative sample standardised on UK children aged 6:0–16:11
- Normative sample stratified to match current UK census data based on gender, ethnicity, parent education level, and geographic region for each age group
- Strong subtest floors and ceilings facilitate accurate measurement at the extremes of cognitive ability
- Comparable or improved reliability for subtest and composite scores
- Updated special group studies
- Updated validity studies with other measures including WISC–IV, WPPSI–IV, WAIS–IV, WIAT–III, KTEA-3, Vineland-II, and BASC-2
- Expanded validity evidence for the Q-interactive version, including construct validity studies and equivalence of Q-interactive and paper/pencil formats, and special group studies to examine patterns of performance of children from frequently-tested populations
Scoring and Reporting
WISC-VUK scoring options include: Q-global™, real-time automated scoring on Q-interactive, or manual scoring.
In addition to manual scoring, WISC–V UK is available on Q-global™, Pearson's web-based scoring and reporting system.
- 24/7 secure, web-based access
- Portability: Q-global can be used on mobile devices such as a laptop or tablet
- On-demand, reliable scoring and comprehensive reporting solutions
Two options for scoring and reporting
The first option is pay-per-use report. Customers wishing to administer and score this assessment onscreen, can now pay per-report, giving you the flexibility to pay as the assessment is used.
The second option is to select an "unlimited use" subscription, where one user of this assessment gets unlimited scoring and reporting for a year. This may be a better option for customers who administer this measure several times each year - and don't want to worry about keeping track of their report expenses.
WISC-V UK Reports available on Q-global:
- Automatically converts total raw scores to subtest scaled scores
- Automatically converts sums of scaled scores to composites scores, including the FSIQ and numerous index scores
- Performs score comparisons at the index and subtest levels
- Generates score reports with tables and graphs.
In addition to the full scoring information available in the WISC–V UK Score Report, the WISC–V UK Interpretive Report includes narrative interpretation of scores, including:
- Narrative summary of the child’s background, history, and test behaviors
- Interpretation of the Full Scale IQ and all primary, ancillary and complementary index scores
- Integration of the reason for referral in test score interpretation
- Recommendations based on WISC–V UK performance
- Optional Parent Summary Report.
For Q-interactive users, WISC-V UK scoring and reporting includes real-time scoring and immediate access to results and the same score report available on Q-global.
WISC®–V UK and WIAT®–III UK - Working together for a fuller picture
A linking sample comprising the WIAT®-III UK and WISC®-V UK has been collected, allowing you to conduct an Ability-Achievement Discrepancy Analysis with full confidence in the results. To find out more about the WIAT-III UK please visit the product page.