Available to order!
Choose from two Administration options:
- Digital on Q-interactive® (Now Available!)
Measure foundational academic skills with the WRAT5TM
The WRAT5 provides an accurate and easy-to-administer way to assess and monitor the reading, spelling, and maths skills in people aged 5–85+ and helps identify possible learning disabilities.
Administration is now available in two versions; traditional format (Paper Manuals and Record Forms) and digital on Q-interactive® (our test administration, scoring and reporting platform). Online scoring is also available via our Q-global® platform.
> View Introduction to WRAT5 webinar recording
- Test learners of all ages using the same assessment
- Screen individuals or small groups (with some subtests) to help identify those requiring a more comprehensive academic achievement evaluation
- Administer only the subtests that are needed
- Administer with paper and pencil or digitally with Q-interactive (Now Available!)
- Digitally score and report using Q-global (Now Avilable!)
- Efficient completion time—test can be completed in as little as 15 minutes for younger children and as little as 30 minutes for older children and adults
- Simple administration rules and clear scoring guidelines, contributing to accurate and timely data
- Grade-based start points, simple reversal rules, and clear discontinue rules
The WRAT5 is upgraded with data reflecting current populations based on recent US census information. Updates include:
- Improved identification of learning disabilities
- Streamlining of rules
- Digital administration, scoring, and reporting
- Subtest improvements
The WRAT5 provides derived scores and interpretive information for four subtests:
- Word Reading measures untimed letter identification and word recognition. The examinee reads aloud a list of letters/words
- Sentence Comprehension measures the ability to identify the meaning of words and to comprehend the ideas and information in a sentence using an untimed modified cloze procedure. Each item requires the examinee to read (aloud or silently) a sentence with a word missing, and then say the word that best completes the sentence
- Spelling measures an individual's ability to write letters and words from dictation without a time limit
- Maths Computation measures an individual's ability to count, identify numbers, solve simple oral maths problems, and calculate written maths problems with a time limit. Problems are presented in a range of domains, including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and advanced operations
- A Reading Composite score is created by combining the Word Reading and Sentence Comprehension standard scores
New digital options now available
Q-interactive® - A comprehensive digital assessment system
Q-interactive® is a revolutionary new digital system that delivers the world’s most advanced assessment tools you can take with you anywhere. Q-interactive saves you time, while adding unprecedented flexibility, portability, convenience and efficiency. Administer interactive assessments with an intuitive, portable system that uses two iPads connected by Bluetooth.
Learn more about Q-interactive
Q-global® - Web-based administration, scoring, and reporting
Q-global® is our web-based platform for test administration, scoring and reporting. Secure and affordable. It houses the industry's gold standard in assessment tools and is accessible from any computer connected to the Internet. Q-global helps you quickly and efficiently organise examinee information, generate scores, and produce accurate comprehensive reports.
Learn more about Q-global
WRAT5 and Wide Range are trademarks of Wide Range, Inc.