Measure foundational academic skills with the WRAT5TM
Administration is available in two formats:
- Paper format (Paper Manuals and Record Forms)
- Digital format under our new Q-interactive® Educational Licence
The WRAT5 is easy to administer screener that provides an accurate way to identify possible learning disabilities, assess and monitor reading, spelling, and maths skills in people aged 5–85+ and helps to identify possible learning disabilities.
- Test learners of all ages using the same assessment
- Screen individuals or small groups (with some subtests) to help identify those requiring a more comprehensive academic achievement evaluation
- Administer only the subtests that are needed
- Administer with paper and pencil or digitally with Q-interactive
- Online scoring and reporting available via our Q-global® web-based system.
- Efficient completion time—test can be completed in as little as 15 minutes for younger children and as little as 30 minutes for older children and adults
- Simple administration rules and clear scoring guidelines, contributing to accurate and timely data
- Grade-based start points, simple reversal rules, and clear discontinue rules
> Applications & Use of WRAT5 brochure
The WRAT5 is upgraded with data reflecting current populations based on recent US census information. Updates include:
- Improved identification of learning disabilities
- Streamlining of rules
- Digital administration, scoring, and reporting
- Subtest improvements
The WRAT5 provides derived scores and interpretive information for four subtests:
- Word Reading measures untimed letter identification and word recognition. The examinee reads aloud a list of letters/words
- Sentence Comprehension measures the ability to identify the meaning of words and to comprehend the ideas and information in a sentence using an untimed modified cloze procedure. Each item requires the examinee to read (aloud or silently) a sentence with a word missing, and then say the word that best completes the sentence
- Spelling measures an individual's ability to write letters and words from dictation without a time limit
- Maths Computation measures an individual's ability to count, identify numbers, solve simple oral maths problems, and calculate written maths problems with a time limit. Problems are presented in a range of domains, including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and advanced operations
- A Reading Composite score is created by combining the Word Reading and Sentence Comprehension standard scores.
New Digital options now available
Q-interactive® - An iPad device-based system for administration, scoring and reporting
Q-interactive® is a revolutionary digital system that delivers the world’s most advanced assessment tools you can take with you anywhere. Administer interactive assessments with an intuitive, portable system that uses two iPads connected to each other via Bluetooth.
Access the WRAT5 in digital format under our new Q-interactive Educational Licence
The Q-interactive Educational Licence saves you time due to it's fast administration and instant reporting function. It also gives SENCOs, Educational Psychologists and other qualified specialists access to the WRAT-5 and the trusted KTEA-3 under one licence.
Additional materials required
View list of additional materials required to administer the WRAT5 on Qinteractive.
The Q-interactive Educational Licence and it's additional materials can be purchased from this page. Simply add each item to your basket from the pricing table below.
Learn more about Q-interactive
Q-global® - A web-based system for scoring and reporting paper administrations
Q-global® is a secure web-based scoring and reporting system that allows you to input results from paper-and-pencil assessments to generate scores and reports and is accessible from any computer connected to the Internet.
Learn more about Q-global
WRAT5 and Wide Range are trademarks of Wide Range, Inc.