The Kaufman Test of Educational Achievement, Third Edition (KTEA–3) helps you to quickly and easily identify strengths and weaknesses, to help you determine the right intervention to follow-up with. It also provides a deeper understanding of achievement gaps, so that you can help your students to achieve their potential.
Guidance on using KTEA-3 in your Telepractice
Digital scoring and reporting optiosn available on Q-global®
and via Q-interactive® Speech and Language Licence
KTEA-3 is an individually administered measure of academic achievement, a comprehensive assessment that evaluates key reading, maths, written language, and oral language skills. It covers a wide range of achievement and language domains and includes two independent, concurrently normed parallel forms (A and B) to help you accurately measure academic progress and minimise practice effects.
Users & Applications
Suitable for use by SENCOs, Educational Psychologists and other professionals to help:
- Evaluate academic skills in reading, math, written language, and oral language
- Measure progress or response to intervention and adjust instruction based on performance
- Identify learning disabilities on a core level.
- Updated norms for ages 4:0 to 25:11
- Revised subtests with new items and improved content coverage
- Simplified administration procedures to enhance the usability of the test
- Online scoring and reporting available via our Q-global® web-based system.
- Easy to administer, score, and interpret
- Updated artwork.
- Qualitative observations checklist for suggesting possible areas of processing weaknesses
- Lower age range to age 4 and preschool norms to identify issues earlier
- Intervention suggestions for parents and teachers to expand the effectiveness of your evaluation
- Behavioural checklist to look at how the child responds during testing
- Novel tasks to motivate low-functioning students
- Alternate forms and Growth Scale Value (GSV) to easily measure progress.
- Phonological Processing (PP)
- Math Concepts & Applications (MCA)
- Letter & Word Recognition (LWR)
- Math Computation (MC)
- Nonsense Word Decoding (NWD)
- New! Writing Fluency (WF)
- New! Silent Reading Fluency (SRF)
- New! Math Fluency (MF)
- Reading Comprehension (RC)
- Written Expression (WE)
- Associational Fluency (AF)
- Spelling (SP)
- Object Naming Facility (ONF)
- New! Reading Vocabulary (RV)
- Letter Naming Facility (LNF)
- Listening Comprehension (LC)
- Word Recognition Fluency (WRF)
- Oral Expression (OE)
- Decoding Fluency (DF).
KTEA-3 and the Disabled Students Allowances (DSA)
KTEA-3 has been reviewed and additional guidelines about using this test for Assessment of Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) in Higher Education/DSA applications can be found on the SASC website. It is important you read and consider the additional guidelines that have been issued when using this test for the purpose of DSA applications.
All new normative data collected in the US from July 2011 through July 2013.
Age-norm sample includes 3,000 individuals aged 4:0–25:11. Grade norms are based on 2,600 students in Grades Pre and K–12.
Digital Options for KTEA-3
The KTEA-3 offers two efficient and easy-to-use, digital options for test administration, scoring and reporting.
Q-interactive® - An iPad device-based system for administration, scoring and reporting
Q-interactive® is a revolutionary digital system that delivers the world’s most advanced assessment tools you can take with you anywhere. Administer interactive assessments with an intuitive, portable system that uses two iPads connected to each other via Bluetooth.
Access the KTEA-3 in digital format under our new Q-interactive Educational Licence
The Q-interactive Educational Licence saves you time due to it's fast administration and instant reporting function. It also gives SENCOs, Educational Psychologists and other qualified specialists access to the new WRAT-5 and the KTEA-3 under one licence.
Additional materials required
View list of additional materials required to administer the KTEA-3 on Q-interactive.
The Q-interactive Educational Licence and it's additional materials can be purchased from this page. Simply add each item to your basket from the pricing table below.
Learn more about Q-interactive
Q-global® - Our web-based system for scoring and reporting paper administrations
Q-global® is our secure and affordable web-based platform for test administration, scoring and reporting. It houses the industry's gold standard in assessment tools and is accessible from any computer connected to the Internet. Q-global helps you quickly and efficiently organise examinee information, generate scores, and produce accurate comprehensive reports.
Learn more about -Q-global