The CVLT-3 is the most comprehensive and detailed assessment of verbal learning and memory for older adolescents and adults ages 16 and older. In this assessment, an examinee listens to series of words and is then asked to recall the terms and the category to which they belong. The CVLT is considered to be the most sensitive measure of episodic verbal learning.
Also available in digital formats: under our Standard Q-interactive Licence and Q global®
Features & Benefits
- Full restandardisation based on education, region, ethnicity, and age.
- Additional scores allow for more in-depth analysis of errors (intrusions and repetitions).
- Available digitally via Q-interactive and traditional paper-and-pencil format.
Users & Applications
Clinicians can use the revision of this classic test to help:
- Assess individuals who have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injury (TBI), dementias, schizophrenia, ADHD, or neurological disorders.
- Test the degree to which a person can return to work, perform complex activities of daily living, and live independently.
- Evaluate insufficient effort or malingering to reduce false results.
Content & Administration
- Examinees are read a list of words carefully selected for their frequency of use across multiple demographic variables and are asked to recall them across a series of trials.
- Standard and Alternate forms can be administered in 30 minutes, with an additional 30-minutes for delay scores.
- The Brief form features lists of nine words in three categories and can be administered in only 15 minutes, plus an additional 15 minutes for delay scores.
Digital Option for CVLT-3
Q-interactive ® - Our iPad device-based system for administration, scoring and reporting
Q-interactive® is a revolutionary digital system that delivers the world’s most advanced assessment tools you can take with you anywhere. Administer interactive assessments with an intuitive, portable system that uses two iPads connected to each other via Bluetooth.
Access CVLT-3 on Q-interactive under our Standard Q-interactive Licence.
CVLT-3 on Q-interactive is available when you purchase a Standard Q-interactive Licence. PLEASE NOTE: Registered users with a qualification code of CL1 are eligible to purchase assessments from the Standard Q-interactive Licence. The Standard Licence provides access to all tests available on the Q-interactive assessment library including: WAIS-IVUK, WISC-VUK, WIAT-IIIUK, KTEA-3, WRAT-5, WMS-IVUK, CVLT-C, CVLT-3, DKEFS, NEPSY-II, RBANS Update, GFTA-3, KLPA-3 (report only), CELF-5UK
Selected subtests for CVLT-3 are now available in the Q-interactive Assessment library.
Additional materials required
View list of additional materials required to administer CVLT-3 on Q-interactive.
The Q-interactive Standard Licence and its additional materials can be purchased from this page. Simply add each item to your basket from the pricing table below.
Learn more about Q-interactive
Q-global® - Our web-based system for scoring and reporting paper administrations
Q-global® is our secure and affordable web-based platform for test administration, scoring and reporting. It houses the industry's gold standard in assessment tools and is accessible from any computer connected to the Internet. Q-global helps you quickly and efficiently organise examinee information, generate scores, and produce accurate comprehensive reports.
Learn more about -Q-global