An assessment of verbal learning and memory deficits in adults
The CVLT-3 is the most comprehensive and detailed assessment of verbal learning and memory for older adolescents and adults ages 16 and older. In this assessment, an examinee listens to series of words and is then asked to recall the terms and the category to which they belong. The CVLT is considered to be the most sensitive measure of episodic verbal learning.
Choose from two administration options:
Paper format (Paper Manuals and Record Forms)
Digital format (under our Q-interactive® Standard Licence)
Users & Applications
Clinicians can use the revision of this classic test to help:
- Assess individuals who have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injury (TBI), dementias, schizophrenia, ADHD, or neurological disorders.
- Test the degree to which a person can return to work, perform complex activities of daily living, and live independently.
- Evaluate insufficient effort or malingering to reduce false results.
Content & Administration
- Examinees are read a list of words carefully selected for their frequency of use across multiple demographic variables and are asked to recall them across a series of trials.
- Standard and Alternate forms can be administered in 30 minutes, with an additional 30-minutes for delay scores.
- The Brief form features lists of nine words in three categories and can be administered in only 15 minutes, plus an additional 15 minutes for delay scores.
Features & Benefits
- Full restandardisation based on education, region, ethnicity, and age.
- Additional scores allow for more in-depth analysis of errors (intrusions and repetitions).
- Available digitally via Q-interactive and traditional paper-and-pencil format.
New Digital Options for CVLT-3
The CVLT-3 offers two efficient and easy-to-use, digital options for test administration, scoring and reporting.
Option 1: Q-interactive – Our iPad device-based system for administration, scoring and reporting
Q-interactive delivers the world’s most advanced assessment tools you can take with you anywhere. It enables you to administer interactive assessments with an intuitive, portable system that uses two iPads connected to each other via Bluetooth.
The CVLT-3 on Q-interactive is available when you purchase a Standard Q-interance Licence*.
Learn more about Q-interactive
*Please note: Registered users with a qualification code of CL1 are eligible to purchase assessments from the Standard Q-interactive licence. View the list of available assessments and place your order.
Option 2: Q-global – Our web-based system for scoring and reporting paper administrations
Q-global is our secure and affordable web-based scoring and reporting system that allows you to enter results from paper-and-pencil tests to generate scores and reports. It houses the industry’s gold standard assessment tools and is accessible from any computer connected to the Internet.
Learn more about Q-global