In recognition of emerging demographic and clinical trends, the WAIS-IVUK was developed to provide you with the most advanced measure of cognitive ability in adolescents and adults and results you can trust when addressing the changing clinical landscape.
Choose from two administration options:
Paper format (Paper Manuals and Record Forms)
Digital format (under our Q-interactive® Standard Licence)
The WAIS-IVUK is designed to assess general cognitive functioning in adults with a variety of neurological conditions. WAIS-IVUK can be used as part of an assessment to:
- identify learning difficulties, intellectual giftedness, cognitive strengths and weaknesses
- guide treatment planning and placement decisions
- provide clinical information for academic and neuropsychological evaluations
- deliver reliable and valid data for research purposes
> Download the brochure (560KB)
Responding to influencing factors:
- Updated normative data for ages 16-90 years
- Enhanced utility for older adults
Emerging Clinical Needs
- Additional tasks for improved clinical utility
- New clinical and validity studies
New Research in the Field
- Reduced administration time to obtain composite scores
- Improved scoring rules
- Enhanced scoring software to assist in generating customizable reports
Scoring and Reporting
- Transitioned from dual IQ to Index Score structure to be consistent with the WPPSI-IIIUK and WISC-IVUK
- Yields FSIQ and 4 Index Scores with fewer subtests (VCI, PRI, WMI, & PSI)
- Includes General Ability Index (GAI)
- Renamed Perceptual Organisation Index (POI) as the Perceptual Reasoning Index PRI)
- Redesigned and enhanced scoring and reporting software to improve ease of use and functionality.
- Click for WAIS-IV Scoring Software and Report Writer
Co-normed with WMS-IV
- The WAIS-IVUK was co-normed with WMS-IVUK. This pairing allows you to make realistic comparisons between performance on the two instruments and provides more complete information on memory function.
The traditional paper-and-pencil format, WAIS®-IVUK Complete Kit includes: Administration and Scoring Manual, US Technical Manual, 2 Stimulus Books, 25 x Record Forms, 25 x Response Book 1, 25 x Response Book 2, Set of Wechsler Block Design Set, Symbol Search Scoring Key, Coding Scoring Template, Cancellation Scoring Template and Pencil without eraser.
New Digital option for the WAIS-IV UK
The WAIS-IVUK offers an efficient and easy-to-use, digital option for test administration, scoring and reporting via Q-interactive.
Q-interactive – Our iPad device-based system for administration, scoring and reporting
Q-interactive delivers the world’s most advanced assessment tools you can take with you anywhere. It enables you to administer interactive assessments with an intuitive, portable system that uses two iPads connected to each other via Bluetooth. The WAIS-IVUK on Q-interactive is available when you purchase a Standard Q-interance licence*.
Learn more about Q-interactive
Request a Q-interactive Demo
*PLEASE NOTE: Registered users with a qualification code of CL1 are eligible to purchase assessments from the Standard Q-interactive licence.
View the list of available assessments and place your order.
To use WAIS-IVUK on Q-interactive you will also need to order additional items as required - these will need to be purchased directly from Pearson Clinical Customer Service firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 0845 630 8888. See a list of additional items.