The goods that power Q-interactive
From September 2018, iPad 2, iPad 3, or iPad Mini will no longer be supported for use with Q-interactive. Additionally, on the 18th September 2018, Q-interactive will no longer work on v3.6.
The technical requirements for an optimal Q-interactive Experience are listed below. Note that all hardware is purchased separately from your Q-interactive license.
Q-interactive requires the use of two Apple® iPads® that connect via Bluetooth. The table below lists which iPad models can be used for the practitioner and client devices.The iPads must be using iOS 9 or higher and have 16 GB of storage. You can connect to the internet using either Wi-Fi or cellular networks.
Please note: We will be discontinuing our support for iPad 2, iPad 3, and iPad Mini in September 2018. You may use these devices until that time but should plan on replacing your older iPads this year.
Visit http://www.apple.com/recycling to recycle your old devices and get credit towards new ones.
* When obtaining new hardware, it is recommended you purchase the most recent version of the iPad. This will improve the performance of the Assess app and increase the time until the device needs to be replaced.
** Not supported because the psychometric impacts of displaying stimuli on a larger or smaller screen are unknown.
- One stylus for writing notes and capturing examinee responses
- Two anti-glare screen covers to minimize glare from interior lighting
- Two durable cases to protect iPads
Your data is safe with us
Keeping your data and your client's information safeguarded is our top priority. Feel confident knowing that data stored on Q-interactive complies with the standards established in the HIPAA Security Regulations and in accordance with the HITECH Act applicable to Business Associates. Security is built into Q-interactive's design through technical, administrative, and even physical safeguards.
Here's a few ways that Q-interactive protects your information:
- PASSWORD-PROTECTED: Q-interactive requires that you enter a password every time you access the system.
- ENCRYPTED DIRECTORY: During administration of an assessment or battery, your data is saved in an encrypted directory on the tablet.
- SAFE STORAGE: At the Pearson dedicated hosting facility, your data is protected through encryption, physical security, and administrative safeguards.
To learn more, download our whitepaper: Q-interactive Data Security & Privacy (PDF, 0.3MB)
Date posted: 25th June, 2018