The content is divided into three sections:
1. Statistical terms and equations (14 chapters)
- Increases understanding and demonstrates efficient application in the assessment process of a range of statistical concepts.
2. Report writing (3 chapters)
- Introduces excel formulae and table creations.
- Illustrates data merging and insertion of charts into reports using excel.
3. Future trends (1 chapter)
- Highlights future trends in assessment.
Features and outcomes:
- Uses scenarios and step-by-step worked examples for illustration
- Aids in diagnostic interpretation of psychometric scores and addresses common misunderstandings
- Increases confidence that diagnostic conclusions reflect sound principles of statistical interpretation and hypothesis-testing.
The Introduction to Statistics and Report Writing will be of benefit to all professionals involved in assessing young people and adults with special educational needs and specific learning difficulties, including:
- Teachers training for a practising certificate in special education or specialist teachers who are renewing certificates
- Assessors who provide reports for Access Arrangements, the Disabled Students’ Allowance, or for tribunals
- Health professionals and psychologists as an aid to induction into fieldwork assessment practices
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Note: This book is available separately or as part of the online package below.
Psychometrics Training Online: An Introductory Course for Education and Healthcare Professionals
An online training package developed to support those using standardised assessments in both health and education settings. Content is aimed at providing an introduction to the statistical concepts that underpin psychometric tests. It is an introductory course and will signpost user to further training where appropriate.
Key features include:
- Web-based online program: accessible from any computer with internet access
- Includes the above book to support the course.
- Approximately 5 hours of content: a combination of online and self directed learning
- Access at your convenience and easily navigated.