The SSiS (Social Skills Improvement System) Rating Scales enables targeted assessment of individuals and small groups to help evaluate social skills, problem behaviours and academic competence. Teacher, parent and student forms help provide a comprehensive picture across school, home and community settings.
Designed to replace the SSRS Social Skills Rating System, this substantially revised tool includes updated norms, improved psychometric properties, and new subscales.
The multi-rater SSIS Rating Scales helps measure:
Social Skills: Communication, Co-operation, Assertion, Responsibility, Empathy, Engagement, Self-Control
Competing Problem Behaviours: Externalising, Bullying, Hyperactivity/Inattention, Internalising, Autism Spectrum
Academic Competence: Reading Achievement, Maths Achievement, Motivation to Learn
This significant revised instrument features:
- Four new subscales (Communication, Engagement, Bullying, and Autism Spectrum)
- National norms for pre-school
- New items to provide greater coverage of important behaviours on existing subscales
- Revision of existing items to improve the alignment of content across forms
- Collection of reliability and validity evidence, including correlations with other measures and consistency with research on special populations
- Standard scores with percentile ranks
- Standardisation based on a nationwide sample matched to the US population estimates for race, region, and SES
- Combined norms and separate-sex norms
Convenient Scoring Options
The SSiS Rating Scales may be hand-scored. For added convenience, use the ASSIST software which provides computer scoring and reporting, including individual, progress and multi-rater reports - and a direct link to suggested interventions with the SSiS Intervention Guide.
Please note that this software is compatible with Windows XP, Vista & Mac OS only.