Suitable for Access Arrangements and DSA Applications
The Comprehensive Test of Phonological Processing, Second Edition (CTOPP-2) is designed to assess phonological awareness, phonological memory and rapid naming.
The CTOPP-2 has four principal uses to:
- Identify individuals who are significantly below their peers in important phonological abilities
- Determine strengths and weaknesses among developed phonological processes,
- Document individuals' progress in phonological processing as a consequence of special intervention programs
- Serve as a measurement device in research studies investigating phonological processing.
Features of CTOPP-2
- New normative data collected for individuals aged 6 years to 24 years.
- A new subtest Phoneme Isolation now combines with Elision and Blending Words to make up the Phonological Awareness Composite from 7 years upwards.
- Additional easier items have been added allowing the CTOPP-2 to be administered from 4 years of age.
The CTOPP-2 yields six types of normative scores: age and grade equivalents, percentile ranks, subtest scaled scores, composite indexes, and developmental scores.