Several significant enhancements have been made in this first revision of the EVT:
- Two parallel forms, each with 190 items
- Stimulus questions included for more precise administration
- More up-to-date, realistic art used, offering an exceptional balance of sex and race/ethnicity
- Growth scale values (GSVs) added, a new metric for easily measuring progress over time!
- Larger stimulus material used (8.5 x 11 inches)
- Modernised core vocabulary
- Enhanced technology options enhanced for faster administration, scoring and reporting
More than 5,500 individuals were tested, with data from about 4,000 of them used for the normative scores. The remaining data contributed to the validation studies.
The norm sample matches the current U.S. population along parameters of sex, race/ethnicity, geographic region, socioeconomic status (SES), and clinical diagnosis or special-education placement. Standardization was conducted in fall 2005 and spring 2006 to obtain fall and spring grade-based norms.
Scores and Interpretation
- Age- and grade-based standard scores
- Growth Scale Values (GSVs)
- Normal curve equivalents (NCEs)
- Age and grade equivalents
Criterion Studies: CASL and GRADE.
Clinical Validity Studies: ADHD, Emotional/Behavioral Disturbance, Giftedness, Hearing Impairment, Hearing Impairment With Cochlear Implant, Language Delay
Language Disorder, Learning Disability, Mental Retardation, and Speech Impairment
Scoring and Reporting with Q-global
Q-global™ is Pearson’s new web based platform for scoring and reporting. It’s accessible anytime, from any computer connected to the Internet. Secure and affordable, this system helps you quickly and automatically organise information, generate scores, and produce accurate, comprehensive reports.
Two options for scoring and reporting are now available on Q-global:
- The first option is to pay per-report. Customers who administer this assessment only a few times each year, or those who want the flexibility to pay only as the assessment is used, may prefer this option.
- The second option is to select an "unlimited use" subscription, where one user of this assessment gets unlimited scoring and reporting for a year. This may be a better option for customers who administer this measure several times each year - and don't want to worry about keeping track of their report expenses.
Please note there is no onscreen administration included in the scoring subscription. Customers selecting this option must manually enter data in order for scores and reports to be generated.