A nonverbal measure of ability for all. Especially designed for culturally and linguistically diverse groups.
The WNV is ideal for psychologists who need a nonverbal measure of ability for individuals who aren't English-language proficient, or have other language considerations.
Designed for Linguistically Diverse Populations
When language poses a barrier to typical administration, or where traditional intellectual assessment results would be questionable due to language-related difficulties, the WNV is appropriate for all individuals.
Innovative Pictorial Directions make administration easy and effective
- No need to pantomime instructions
- Native language of the examinee is irrelevant to performance
- Flexible standard administration allows help when appropriate
WNV was specifically created for:
- Individuals for whom English is not a first language
- Hard of hearing or deaf individuals
- Individuals with language difficulties or disorders
- Individuals who may be eligible for special services and support
- High functioning individuals from linguistically diverse populations
Ideal for low incidence disorders such as:
- Cerebral palsy
- Expressive language disorders
- Receptive language disorders
- Physically disabilities / complex needs
- Specific language impairments
Language diversity doesn’t mean having to use several different tests
- No need for adapted administration for use in different countries or with individuals from different countries
- Supplemental directions in several languages
- Ideal for use in schools with individuals from multiple language backgrounds
Flexibility with the choice of Full Battery or Brief Version
Both versions are available within each WNV kit. Different sets of subtests are administered according to the examinee’s age – each measures general ability in a different way.
Full battery subtests include:
- Object Assembly
- Spatial Span
- Picture Arrangement
- Two subtests
- Yields a single ability score
WNV Scoring Assistant
Please note that this software is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10. Software is not compatible with Mac OS.