Now Available on Q-global
Designed to quantify teacher input when identifying children for placement in gifted and talented educational programs
The Gifted Rating Scales are norm-referenced rating scales based on current theories of giftedness and federal and state guidelines regarding the definition of gifted and talented students. Teachers complete the GRS-P form for children between the ages of 4:0 and 6:11 years. The GRS-P contains brief scales covering five domains: intellectual ability, academic, motivation, creativity, and artistic talent.
Teachers complete six brief scales on the School-Age GRS-S form to evaluate children between the ages of 6:0 through 13:11 years. The six domains include: intellectual ability, academic, motivation, creativity, leadership, and artistic talent.
Features and Benefits
- The GRS validity studies have been conducted to link to leading cognitive and achievement batteries.
- Both forms of the GRS provide a standardised method for identifying children for gifted and talented programs based on teacher observations.
- Both forms of the GRS allow for identification of relative strengths and specific areas of giftedness.
- Both forms of the GRS provide specific behavioural guidelines for identification of giftedness within each domain.
- Teachers can complete both forms of the GRS easily and quickly.
Move your gifted and talented program beyond intelligence and achievement.
The GRS is now available on Q-global®, making it even easier and more convenient to use.
The power of Q-global lets you enhance the strength of the GRS by more efficiently completing forms and identifying potential gifted students.
- GRS rating scales can be emailed to teachers and completed online.
- Teachers can quickly pull up on-screen forms and simply click on their responses by domain and submit.
- No more managing paper or looking up scoring tables. Results are scored automatically with greater accuracy and easy access from any web-enabled device.
Customers wishing to administer and score this assessment onscreen, can now pay per-report, giving you the flexibility to pay as the assessment is used.