A clinical instrument adapted specifically for teachers by David Wechsler
WIAT-IIlUK-T has been approved by the STEC for inclusion on the list of approved tests. Additional guidance will follow later this year.
The Wechsler Individual Achievement Test – Third UK Edition for Teachers (WIAT-IIlUK-T) is the latest assessment from the world-renowned Wechsler range. This clinical reading and spelling assessment has been specifically adapted for teachers with training in special educational needs.
Results obtained from the WIAT-IIIUK-T can assist in:
- identifying academic strengths and weaknesses of a student
- informing decisions regarding eligibility for educational services
- providing evidence for applications for Access Arrangements and the Disabled Students’ Allowance
- designing instructional objectives and planning interventions.
> View Intro to WIAT-IIIUK-T webinar slides
Reading: Early Reading Skills; Word Reading;Reading Comprehension; Oral Reading Fluency
> More on new subtests
WIAT-IIIUK-T for Access Arrangements and General Qualifications
The WIAT-IIlUK-T has particular application for testing for Access Arrangements and the Disabled Students’ Allowance. Suitable for measures of:
- single word accuracy
- reading comprehension
- reading fluency and/or reading speed
- single word spelling accuracy
- applications: for a reader; extra time; a scribe.
WIAT-IIIUK-T for the Disabled Student’s Allowance*
(*to be reviewed by the SASC committee)
The WIAT-IIIUK-T is currently listed as a suitable test for the Assessment of Specific Learning Difficulties (SPLD) in Higher Education in the categories of:
- reading: single word recognition
- reading: continuous text reading: silent reading
- spelling: single word.
The WIAT-IIIUK-T allows for flexible administration. Examiners may choose to administer a single subtest, a subset of the WIAT-IIIUK-T subtests, or all 5 subtests, depending upon the age level of the student, the purpose of the assessment, and the subtest scores required.
> Request a demo
WIAT-IIlUK-T normative data and score types
Scores provided for all subtests
Standard Scores (M = 100, SD = 15); Percentile Ranks; Age Equivalents; Normal Curve Equivalents; Stanines.