Movement ABC-2 provides you with the tools you need to assist in identifying children who have motor function impairment. The kit includes the full assessment battery for children ages 3-16 and a checklist for those ages 5–12. Also provided is an ecological intervention manual to support you in developing intervention programs targeted at improving movement competence in children, allowing them to participate fully in activities of daily living with success and confidence.
- Identify delay or impairment in motor development
- Plan intervention programs
- Measure change as a result of intervention
- Research involving motor development
Watch a short introductory video to Movement ABC-2
Features and benefits:
- UK Normative data
- Comprehensive normative and clinical studies
- Simple scoring and interpretation system
- Separate intervention manual
- Extensive international research built over the previous version of the assessment and this version - featuring in over 500 studies.
- Extensive translations worldwide
Test content and structure
The test contains 8 tasks for each of 3 age ranges: 3 – 6 years; 7 – 10 years and 11 – 16 years. The tasks cover the following 3 areas:
- Manual Dexterity
- Ball Skills
- Static and Dynamic Balance.
Total standard scores and percentiles are provided. A profile of a child’s performance over the different sections of the test can be examined.
The assessment is paralleled by an observational approach to perceptual-motor aspects and emotional and motivational difficulties the child may have in relation to motor tasks.
The Movement ABC-2 checklist
Movement ABC-2 Checklist provides a means for assessing movement in everyday situations in which the child participates. Use the checklist to:
- Assess groups of children in classroom situations.
- Obtain parents’ or teachers’ views on a child’s movement in everyday settings
- Measure the extent to which a child’s attitudes and feelings about motor tasks are situation specific or more generalised
Ecological Intervention for Children with Movement Difficulties
The intervention manual provides a complete guide to helping children with movement difficulties, based on research. Beginning with a description of the theoretical basis of the ecological approach, the practitioner is guided through a discussion of organisational issues at one end of the process to a detailed step-by-step guide on how to teach an individual child a new skill.
The Movement ABC-2 test and checklist were normed on a nationally stratified sample in 2006. The test is normed on over 1000 children and the checklist on 400 children. Excellent reliability and validity data plus studies with clinical populations are included.