BOT-2 assesses the motor proficiency of all students, ranging from those who are normally developing to those with moderate motor-skill deficits. It can also be used for developing and evaluating motor training programmes.
Challenging, game-like tasks: children enjoy the variety and appeal of the test items. BOT-2 items provide a full range of interesting tasks that measure gross and fine motor skills—maintaining balance while standing on one leg, bouncing a ball, and cutting out a circle are just a few examples.
Administration is available in two formats; paper or digital on Q-global.
New administration manual makes testing more efficient
BOT-2 features a completely new administration manual with an easy-to-use layout that gives examiners access to all the information they need on a single page. The manual also provides suggestions to guide examiners in explaining the tasks. For the examinee, large, clear pictures of the tasks being completed help provide a better understanding of the test items, especially for children who have language, cognition or attention problems.
Feautures 8 subtests that assess:
- Fine Motor Precision—7 items (e.g., cutting out a circle, connecting dots)
- Fine Motor Integration—8 items (e.g., copying a star, copying a square)
- Manual Dexterity—5 items (e.g., transferring pennies, sorting cards, stringing blocks)
- Bilateral Coordination—7 items (e.g., tapping foot and finger, jumping jacks)
- Balance—9 items (e.g., walking forward on a line, standing on one leg on a balance beam)
- Running Speed and Agility—5 items (e.g., shuttle run, one-legged side hop)
- Upper-Limb Coordination—7 items (e.g., throwing a ball at a target, catching a tossed ball)
- Strength—5 items (e.g., standing long jump, sit-ups).
BOT–2 covers a broad array of fine and gross motor skills, providing composite scores in four motor areas and one comprehensive measure of overall motor proficiency. These composites are:
- Fine Manual Control
- Manual Coordination
- Body Coordination
- Strength and Agility
- Total Motor Composite
BOT-2 ASSIST features include:
- Unlimited scoring
- Entry of either the Item Raw Scores (IRS) or subtests Total Point Scores (TPS)
- Generation of derived scores and score profiles
- Identification of examinees' motor skill strengths and weaknesses.
Comprehensive Training DVD
This DVD provides an in-depth look at all aspects of the BOT-2. The video includes an introduction by the authors, a detailed look at test administration, scoring and reporting information and an overview of the BOT-2 ASSIST scoring and reporting software program.
Scoring and Reporting with Q-global®- our web-based system for scoring and reporting paper administrations
Q-global is accessible anytime, from any computer connected to the Internet. Secure and affordable, this system helps you quickly and automatically organise information, generate scores, and produce accurate, comprehensive reports.
Two pricing options on Q-global:
Pay per-report: suitable for customers who administer this assessment a few times each year, or those who want the flexibility to pay only as the assessment is used.
- Unlimited use subscription: which provides one user, access to unlimited scoring and reporting for a year. This option is suited to customers who administer this assessment several times each year - and don't want to worry about keeping track of their report expenses.
Learn more about Q-interactive
Please note there is no onscreen administration due to the nature of these assessments. Scores should be manually entered in order for scores and reports to be generated.