Following the publication of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition™ (DSM-V™) last year, the publishers have issued an update to the Conners 3™. Read more >
The Conners 3rd Edition™ (Conners 3™) is the result of five years of extensive product development and research. Educational psychologists, psychiatrists, paediatricians, clinics and child protection agencies can count on the Conners 3 to be a reliable and dependable tool capable of supporting them in the diagnostic and identification process.
Enhanced benefits of the Conners 3™:
- addresses comorbid disorders such as oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder
- a large representative normative sample based on the latest US census data
- a refined focus on ADHD in school-age children with a new age range (6 years to 18 years for parent and teacher scales and 8 years to 18 years for self-report scales)
- strengthened Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders: Fourth Edition (DSM-IV-TR™) connections
- each parent, teacher and self-report form is available in full-length and short versions
- clear applications in education settings that help identify children with clinical symptoms
- a manual that provides step-by-step guidance on how to use the tool in intervention planning and monitoring.
- Inform your ADHD diagnosis with results that have direct connections to DSM-5 symptom criteria and IDEIA legislation.
- Develop informed intervention and treatment strategies by identifying specific challenge areas to work on.
- Monitor response to intervention and its effectiveness with detailed progress reports.
- Assess common comorbid disorders (Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Conduct Disorder) to assist with differential diagnosis.
- Discover how ADHD symptoms are affecting the youth by looking at impairment items which indicate functioning in home, school and social settings.
- Spend less time on paperwork and more time with the youth with fast and easy to use administration and scoring, and easy to interpret reports.
- Gain a multi-rater perspective of the youth’s difficulties with a Parent, Teacher, and Self-report version.
Keys areas measured
- Executive Functioning
- Learning Problems
- Peer Relations
- Family Relations
- DSM-IV-TR Symptoms: ADHD Hyperactive/Impulsive
- DSM-IV-TR Symptoms: ADHD Inattentive
- DSM-IV-TR Symptoms: ADHD Combined
- DSM-IV-TR Symptoms: Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- DSM-IV-TR Symptoms: Conduct Disorder
- Home Life
Conners 3 Short
Conners 3 Short Parent, Teacher, and Self-Report forms closely parallel each other and are a subset of items from the full-length forms. Short forms include a subset of items from the Conners 3 Content Scales, the Positive Impression and Negative Impression Scales, and the Additional Questions. These forms can be used as screeners and are also suitable for monitoring the impact of treatment or intervention programs.
Conners 3 Global Index
The Conners 3 Global Index (Conners 3GI™) is a fast and effective measure of general psychopathology. It includes the 10 best predictive items from the trusted market leader, Conners’ Rating Scales–Revised (CRS–R™), parent and teacher rating scales.
Professionals can rely on the Conners 3GI to carefully measure the general psychopathology of their clients and determine the next steps to take in further examination. The Conners 3GI has proven to be a fast and effective measure and is specifically used in monitoring treatment and intervention.
The Conners 3GI is included in the full-length Conners 3 (for parent, teacher and self-report forms) or can be purchased separately. Spanish versions are available for parent and self-report forms.
Feedback Forms provide parents and teachers and easy to read and understand feedback that summarizes the assessment results.
Progress Reports compare the results of two to four administrations for the same individual to measure changes over time. These reports are ideal to use when monitoring treatment and intervention.
Conners 3 ADHD Index
The Conners 3rd Edition™ offers a 10-item Conners 3 ADHD Index (Conners 3AI™). The items are taken from the Conners 3 full-length form and are the perfect tool when time is limited.
The brief index also works well when you need to screen a large group of children and adolescents to see if further assessment of ADHD is warranted.
Additionally, this form can be used to monitor the effectiveness of treatment plans, and measure the patient’s response to intervention.
The items were specifically selected for this form and are proven to be the best items in differentiating between youth with ADHD from those without a clinical diagnosis.
The Conners 3AI is included in the full-length Conners 3 or can be purchased separately.