Assess your clients to age 18 years assuring confidence in your clinical decision making, while helping you plan effective intervention.
The Beck Youth Inventories™ -Second Edition (BYI-II) for Children and Adolescents are designed for children and adolescents aged 7 to 18 years.
Five self-report inventories can be used separately or in combination to assess symptoms of depression, anxiety, anger, disruptive behaviour and self-concept.
Guidance on using BYI-II in your Telepractice
Digital scoring and reporting option available on Q-global®
The Beck Youth Inventories™ -Second Edition use the same principles as the widely used Beck Scales of Depression, Anxiety, Hopelessness and Suicide Ideation.
Each inventory contains 20 statements about thoughts, feelings and behaviours associated with emotional and social impairment in youth. Children and adolescents describe how frequently the statement has been true for them.
The instruments measure emotional and social impairment in five specific areas:
- Beck Depression Inventory for Youth:
In line with the depression criteria of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders— Fourth Edition (DSM– IV), this inventory allows for early identification of symptoms of depression. It includes items related to a child's or adolescent's negative thoughts about self, life and the future, feelings of sadness and guilt and sleep disturbance.
- Beck Anxiety Inventory for Youth:
Reflects children's and adolescents' specific worries about school performance, the future, negative reactions of others, fears including loss of control, and physiological symptoms associated with anxiety.
- Beck Anger Inventory for Youth:
Evaluates a child's or adolescent's thoughts of being treated unfairly by others, feelings of anger and hatred.
- Beck Disruptive Behavior Inventory for Youth:
Identifies thoughts and behaviours associated with conduct disorder and oppositional-defiant behaviour.
- Beck Self-Concept Inventory for Youth:
Taps cognitions of competence, potency, and positive self-worth.
BYI-II Bridges the gap between the Beck Depression Inventory for adults and the BYI.
BYI –II Helps You:
Save time with brief screening tools for use by gatekeepers.
- Track students over time on the same group of integrated instruments.
- Assess adolescents with special needs and low reading level.
- Identify impaired children for referral to more extensive assessment services.
- Identify potential vulnerability to bully/victimization.
- Administer individually or in a group.
- Compare BYI-II Profiles of teens to BYI-II Profiles of clinical diagnostic groups.
- Examine strength of BYI-II Self Concept measure relative to symptom strength in planning interventions.
- Monitor response to interventions.
- Align your assessment with DSM-IV criteria.
Q-global® - Our web-based system for scoring and reporting paper administrations
Q-global® is our secure and affordable web-based platform for test administration, scoring and reporting. It houses the industry's gold standard in assessment tools and is accessible from any computer connected to the Internet. Q-global helps you quickly and efficiently organise examinee information, generate scores, and produce accurate comprehensive reports.
Learn more about -Q-global
Please note that BYI-II subscription on QGlobal does not include onscreen administration.