COMING SUMMER 2016
The leading instrument for supporting the diagnosis of intellectual and developmental disabilities
Designed to meet ANY adaptive behaviour assessment need by offering:
- Interview, Parent/Caregiver, and Teacher Forms
- Comprehensive (full-length) and Domain-Level (abbreviated) versions of each form
- Online and paper administration options for all forms/versions
- Computerised or hand scoring for all forms/versions
Special offer on the Vineland-3 Complete kit
Claim 10% discount on the Vineland-3 Complete kit (ISBN: 9780749171094) when you order before the end of October 2016. Simply enter promo code ZALVINE16 when ordering.
Buy now >
- Addresses today’s special needs populations, such as individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder, and ADHD
- Updated with new norms and improved items
- Useful for diagnosis, qualification for special programs, progress reporting, program and treatment planning, and research
- Offers both respected semi-structured interview format which focuses discussion and gathers in-depth information, and also offers convenient rating forms
Major Enhancements to Parent/ Caregiver and Teacher Forms
- Separation of Interview and Parent/Caregiver Forms in Vineland-3
- Updated item content
- Updated norms
- Introduction of basal and ceiling rules to shorten Parent/Caregiver and Teacher Form administration
- Choice of digital or paper-based administration
Domain-Level Versions of Interview, Parent/Caregiver, and Teacher Forms
- Will provide scores for adaptive behaviour domains and the overall adaptive behaviour composite, meeting AAIDD and DSM-5 requirements for diagnosing Intellectual Disability
- Each domain will consist of items drawn from In-Depth form subdomains, e.g., Communication domain uses items sampled from Receptive, Expressive, & Written subdomains
- Age ranges will be 3 to adult for Interview & Parent/Caregiver Forms; 3 to 21 for Teacher Form
- Administration time will be approximately 20 minutes for Interview Form; 10 minutes for Parent/Caregiver and Teacher Forms
- Will not use basal and ceiling rules
The standard for measuring self-sufficiency
For over 30 years, Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales has been a leading measure of personal and social skills needed for everyday living. Psychologists and other professionals continue to depend on it to identify individuals who have Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, developmental delays, autism spectrum disorders, and other impairments. Not only does Vineland aid in diagnosis, but it gives you valuable information for developing educational and treatment plans.
Covers the full spectrum of adaptive behaviour
All Vineland-3 forms aid in diagnosing and classifying intellectual and developmental disabilities and other disorders, such as autism, Asperger Syndrome, and developmental delays. The scales are organized using three domains--Communication, Daily Living Skills, and Socialization--that correspond to the three broad domains of adaptive functioning specified by the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and by DSM-5. In addition, Vineland-3 offers optional Motor Skills and Maladaptive Behavior domains for situations in which these areas are of concern.
In whatever setting you work—education, social services, health care, criminal justice, or the military—like its predecessor, Vineland-3 helps you perform a variety of tasks:
- Measure adaptive behaviour of individuals with:
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs)
- Post-traumatic brain injury
- Hearing impairment
- Dementia Alzheimer's disease
- Determine eligibility or qualification for special services
- Plan rehabilitation or intervention programs
- Track and report progress
The Vineland-3 can be handscored or digitally scored and administered via Q-global.
N.B. Please note that the norm tables are not in the manual for this edition of the Vineland but are available online and can be downloaded as a PDF document.
Online administration will be made available for all forms through Q-global.
Reports will offer all components, including:
- All raw and norm-referenced scores
- Narrative text describing scores
- Multi-rater comparisons when Interview or Parent/Caregiver Form is given along with Teacher Form
- Comparison to prior results when available for monitoring progress.
Stay in the know about Vineland-3
Complete this short online form and we will keep you informed on the new features as they are released over the coming months.
Sign-up for updates >