Coming December 2017!
Administration available in two versions: paper-and-pencil and digital on Q-global®.
Measure foundational academic skils with the WRAT5TM
The WRAT5 provides an accurate and easy-to-administer way to assess and monitor the reading, spelling, and maths skills in people aged 5–85+ and helps identify possible learning disabilities.
Administration is now available in two versions; traditional format (Paper Manuals and Record Forms) and digitally on Q-global (our test administration, scoring and reporting platform). Also available on Q-interactive® our comprehensive digital assessment system.
> Get your 10% pre-pub discount code
- Test learners of all ages using the same assessment
- Screen individuals or small groups (with some subtests) to help identify those requiring a more comprehensive academic achievement evaluation
- Administer only the subtests that are needed
- Digitally score and report using Q-global
- Administer with paper and pencil or digitally with Q-interactive
- Efficient completion time—test can be completed in as little as 15 minutes for younger children and as little as 30 minutes for older children and adults
- Simple administration rules and clear scoring guidelines, contributing to accurate and timely data
- Grade-based start points, simple reversal rules, and clear discontinue rules
What’s new in WRAT5
The WRAT5 is upgraded with data reflecting current populations based on recent US census information. Updates include:
- Improved identification of learning disabilities
- Streamlining of rules
- Digital administration, scoring, and reporting
- Subtest improvements
WRAT5 Test Structure
The WRAT5 provides derived scores and interpretive information for four subtests:
- Word Reading measures untimed letter identification and word recognition. The examinee reads aloud a list of letters/words
- Sentence Comprehension measures the ability to identify the meaning of words and to comprehend the ideas and information in a sentence using an untimed modified cloze procedure. Each item requires the examinee to read (aloud or silently) a sentence with a word missing, and then say the word that best completes the sentence
- Spelling measures an individual's ability to write letters and words from dictation without a time limit
- Maths Computation measures an individual's ability to count, identify numbers, solve simple oral maths problems, and calculate written maths problems with a time limit. Problems are presented in a range of domains, including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and advanced operations
- A Reading Composite score is created by combining the Word Reading and Sentence Comprehension standard scores
Q-global® - Web-based administration, scoring, and reporting
Q-global® is our web-based platform for test administration, scoring and reporting. Secure and affordable. It houses the industry's gold standard in assessment tools and is accessible from any computer connected to the Internet., Q-global helps you quickly and efficiently organise examinee information, generate scores, and produce accurate comprehensive reports.
Learn more about Q-global
Q-interactive® - A comprehensive digital assessment system
Q-interactive® is a revolutionary new digital system that delivers the world’s most advanced assessment tools you can take with you anywhere. Q-interactive saves you time, while adding unprecedented flexibility, portability, convenience and efficiency. Administer interactive assessments with an intuitive, portable system that uses two iPads connected by Bluetooth.
Learn more about Q-interactive
WRAT5 and Wide Range are trademarks of Wide Range, Inc.