The Symptom Checklist-90-R (SCL-90-R) instrument helps evaluate a broad range of psychological problems and symptoms of psychopathology. The instrument is also useful in measuring patient progress or treatment outcomes.
The SCL-90-R instrument is used by clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, and professionals in mental health, medical and educational settings as well as for research purposes. It can be useful in:
- Initial evaluation of patients at intake as an objective method for symptom assessment
- Measuring patient progress during and after treatment to monitor change
- Outcomes measurement for treatment programs and providers through aggregated patient information
- Clinical trials to help measure the changes in symptoms such as depression and anxiety
- The SCL-90-R test contains only 90 items and can be complete in just 12-15 minutes.
- The test helps measure 9 primary symptom dimensions and is designed to provide an overview of a patient's symptoms and their intensity at a specific point in time.
- The progress report graphically displays patient progress for up to 5 previous administrations.
- By providing an index of symptom severity, the assessment helps facilitate treatment decisions and identify patients before problems become acute.
- The Global Severity Index can be used as a summary of the test.
- More than 1,000 studies have been conducted demonstrating the reliability, validity and utility of the instrument.
Scoring and Reporting with Q-global
Q-global™ is Pearson’s new web based platform for scoring and reporting. It’s accessible anytime, from any computer connected to the Internet. Secure and affordable, this system helps you quickly and automatically organise information, generate scores, and produce accurate, comprehensive reports.
Customers wishing to administer and score this assessment onscreen, can now pay per-report, giving you the flexibility to pay as the assessment is used.