Brief but comprehensive, the QOLI assessment yields an overall score and a profile of problems and strengths in 16 areas of life such as love, work and play. The QOLI test is a measure of positive psychology and mental health.
How to Use This Test
This assessment can help qualified professionals in a variety of settings.
- In clinical settings, the test is will-suited for planning, evaluating and tracking medical and psychological treatment and patient progress.
- In substance abuse/chemical dependency programs, test results can help build motivation for treatment and yield a blueprint for a balanced drug-free lifestyle.
- In positive psychology, personal growth counselling, and employee assistance programs, the assessment measures assets and strengths as well as problems in a non-pathological way.
- In gerontology settings, the QOLI assessment can be used to help measure "successful ageing" as defined by leaders in the field.
- In career counselling, the test can help predict future job satisfaction and productivity.
- In research and quality assurance programs, QOLI test results can be used to help measure treatment outcomes for a wide array of physical and psychological disorders.
- Because the QOLI test contains only 32 items and takes just 15 minutes to administer, it can be used to help screen for mental health and physical problems and to help quickly measure a patient's progress.
- By helping to identify "real life" issues, the test can help clinicians develop relevant treatment plans and predict future health problems.
- By providing a positive mental health picture, the assessment can help increase the likelihood that treatment will be successful.
- In an EAP setting, the assessment can help identify employees whose satisfaction with life may be low. Helping these employees may, in turn, help reduce employers' health care costs and improve workers' productivity.
Normative data is based on 798 nonclinical adults sampled from 12 states from the Northeast, the South, the Midwest, and the West. An attempt was made to match the 1990 U.S. Census data as closely as possible.
Q Local™ Software - Enables you to score assessments, report results, and store and export data on your computer.
Hand Scoring - Administer assessments on answer sheets and score them quickly yourself with an answer key.
Report options Profile Report
The QOLI profile report graphically presents the overall quality of life score and a weighted satisfaction profile for the 16 areas assessed. It also provides a brief narrative description of the person's overall classification and lists areas of dissatisfaction that may need further exploration.
Progress Report (pdf, 618KB)
The progress report summarises the results of up to five administrations of the QOLI assessment.