CVLT-II is available in the Q-interactive Assessment library
Use Q-interactive, Pearson's interactive digital assessment platform, to create unique, client-centric batteries at both the instrument and subtest levels.
Find out more about Q-interactive >
CVLT-III is due in September 2017 - Find out more
This well-known test of verbal memory has now been revised. Those clinicians familiar with the original will recognise the format, with examinees being required to learn semantically related words from a 16-item list over a series of 4 trials. Features that distinguish this 2nd edition of the California Verbal Learning Test include:
- More comprehensive information provided by new items. In addition to recall and recognition scores, the CVLT-II measures encoding strategies, learning rates, error types and other process data.
- Flexible administration, with parallel forms and a new short form. The alternative or parallel form prevents artificially inflated scores when re-testing is necessary and, like the standard form, takes 30 minutes to administer. The short form can be administered in 15 minutes when exam time is limited or less detailed information is needed.
- Expanded age range for broader usage, now appropriate for individuals aged 16 years to 89.
- Correlation with the Wechsler Abbreviated Scale of Intelligence (WASI) so providing valuable comparison information about the effects of intellectual ability on verbal learning and memory.
- Computerised scoring option.
Obtain rich information with this new state-of-the-art software. It is the most technologically advanced scoring package to date, is Y2K compatible and promises the most thorough assessment of verbal memory and learning yet. Features include:
- Multiple options for fast, accurate data entry and score reporting.
- Full customising capabilities for reporting only desired scores.
- Two types of pre-programmed report formats for easy automation.
- In-depth information, that includes graphs and detailed reports.
[This is US software and the American alternative words should be inputted. Please refer to the UK record form for instructions]
Please Note: that the CVLT-ll software is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10. Software is not compatible with Mac OS.