'Shine a Light'
The 2011 Hello campaign for developing children's communication
Sponsored by Pearson Assessment
HELLO ‘SHINES A LIGHT’ ON CHAMPIONS OF COMMUNICATION
The Communication Trust, a consortium of nearly 50 voluntary and community organisations with expertise in speech, language and communication, in partnership with Pearson Assessment has today (Wednesday 23rd November) named the winners of the Shine a Light 2011 Hello campaign awards – a national awards scheme focused on children and young people’s communication.
The Shine a Light awards, hosted by radio and TV presenter Vanessa Feltz at Pearson’s headquarters in London, were developed by The Communication Trust and Pearson Assessment as the flagship event of the Hello campaign (national year of communication).
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Communication Friendly Award: Early Years – University of East Anglia Nursery Team, Norwich.
- Communication Friendly Award: Primary Schools – Watercliffe Meadow School, Sheffield.
- Communication Friendly Award: Secondary Schools – Preston Manor School, Wembley.
- Team of the Year Award – The Play and Communication Team, Barking and Dagenham.
- Team of the Year Award: Multi-agency – Early Years Teams Stoke on Trent City Council.
- Team of the Year Award – Paediatric Speech and Language Therapy Service, Community Health Newham.
- Communication Strategy Award – Every Sheffield Child Articulate and Literate, Sheffield.
- Commissioning Award - Worcestershire Council and NHS Worcestershire.
- Employee Support Award – The Clipstone Co-operative food store in Mansfield.
- The Hello Campaign Award – Bristol Hello Group.
- Hello Young Person of the Year Award – Jack Marshall.
- Outstanding Achievement Award – Stoke Speaks Out, Stoke on Trent.
- Outstanding Achievement Award – Watercliffe Meadow School, Sheffield.
- Outstanding Achievement Award – Holly Tadman.
For full details, please visit the Hello website >
Download the official press release
View photos from the event