Approved for DSA Applications >
Gain a sharper focus on reading difficulties
The new WRMT-III offers you the latest revision of the WRMT, which set the standard for assessment of reading readiness and reading achievement. This significant revision retains the format and structure of the WRMT-R/NU, while expanding the test’s range to give you even greater diagnostic power.
Users & Applications
The WRMT-III helps:
- Evaluate struggling readers
- Identify specific strengths and weaknesses in reading skills to plan targeted remediation
- Guide educational selection and placement decisions
- Screen for reading readiness
- Determine reading strategies for students with special needs
Content & Administration
The WRMT-III contains four new and five revised subtests:
- Phonological Awareness NEW (4 years 6 months to 8 years 11 months)
- First Sound Matching
- Last Sound Matching
- Rhyme Production
- Listening Comprehension NEW (6 years to Adult)
- Letter Identification REVISED (4 years 6 months to 6 years 11 months)
- Word Identification REVISED (6 years to Adult)
- Rapid Automatic Naming NEW (4 years 6 months to 8 years 11 months)
- Object & Colour Naming
- Number & Letter Naming
- Oral Reading Fluency NEW (6 years to Adult)
- Word Attack REVISED (6 years to Adult)
- Word Comprehension REVISED (6 years to Adult)
- Passage Comprehension REVISED (6 years to Adult)
Features & Benefits
The WRMT-III offers significant enhancements, including:
- Comprehensive, contemporary reading coverage based on extensive research
- All new photorealistic stimulus art to more readily engage children
- Two parallel forms that can be used to monitor reading growth
- Four new subtests to help you target specific problem areas
- Revised item content on the five tests retained from WRMT-R/NU
- Test items arranged in order of increasing difficulty
- Basal and ceiling rules and grade-specific start points to help you administer only those items within the examinee’s functional range
- Item-level error analysis on Listening Comprehension, Passage
- Comprehension, and Phonological Awareness
- Within-item-level error analysis on Word Attack, Word Identification, and
- Oral Reading Fluency
- New norms: age-based norms for ages 4:6–79:11
- Simplified administration and scoring
The standardisation of the WRMT–III was conducted from July 2009 to June 2010 on a nationally (US) representative sample of 3,360 individuals aged 4 years 6 months to 79 years 11 months. Of this sample, 2,600 individuals were enrolled in school (pre-school to sixth form), and their data were used for the grade norms. Tests were administered at more than 1,000 sites in 45 states.
The WRMT-III tests were compared to the WRMT-R/NU, KTEA-II, WIAT-III, WJ-III, CTOPP, and RFI tests. These studies are important for establishing the similarities between scores obtained on the WRMT-III tests and those of other commonly used reading tests and for providing support for convergent evidence of the WRMT-III tests and measures of reading achievement.
Scoring and Reporting with Q-global
Q-global™ is Pearson’s new web based platform for scoring and reporting. It’s accessible anytime, from any computer connected to the Internet. Secure and affordable, this system helps you quickly and automatically organise information, generate scores, and produce accurate, comprehensive reports.
Two options for scoring and reporting are now available on Q-global:
- The first option is to pay per-report. Customers who administer this assessment only a few times each year, or those who want the flexibility to pay only as the assessment is used, may prefer this option.
- The second option is to select an "unlimited use" subscription, where one user of this assessment gets unlimited scoring and reporting for a year. This may be a better option for customers who administer this measure several times each year - and don't want to worry about keeping track of their report expenses.
Please note there is no onscreen administration due to the nature of these assessments. Scores should be manually entered in order for scores and reports to be generated.