PPVT-4 is available in the Q-interactive Assessment library
Use Q-interactive, Pearson's interactive digital assessment platform, to create unique, client-centric batteries at both the instrument and subtest levels.
Find out more >
We are pleased to bring you the fourth edition of the renowned Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test (PPVT–4). Quick, easy, and reliable as ever, the PPVT–4 assists you in your key role of fostering growth in language and literacy.
Find out what's new in the Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test, Fourth Edition.
Several significant enhancements have been made in this revision of the PPVT:
- Illustrations designed in full colour
- More up-to-date, realistic art used, offering an exceptional balance of sex and race/ethnicity
- More stimulus words included (now 228 per form), with better representation of word types across all levels of difficulty
- Growth Scale Values (GSVs) added—a new metric for easily measuring progress over time!
- Larger stimulus material (8.5 x 11 inches)
- Modernised core vocabulary
- Enhanced technology options enhanced for faster administration, scoring and reporting
More than 5,500 individuals were tested, with data from 4,000 of them used for the normative scores. The remaining data contributed to the validation studies. The norm sample matches the current U.S. population along parameters of sex, race/ethnicity, geographic region, socioeconomic status (SES), and clinical diagnosis or special-education placement.
Scores and Interpretation
- Age- and grade-based standard scores
- Growth Scale Values (GSVs)
- Normal curve equivalents (NCEs)
- Age and grade equivalents
Clinical Validity Studies: ADHD, Emotional/Behavioural Disturbance, Giftedness, Hearing Impairment, Hearing Impairment With Cochlear Implant, Language Delay, Language Disorder, Learning Disability, and Speech Impairment
Receptive and Expressive Comparison
The PPVT–4 and EVT–2 are normed on the same sample, making direct comparison of these two scales possible.
Read an interview with the author at www.speechpathology.com.
Scoring and Reporting with Q-global
Q-global™ is Pearson’s new web based platform for scoring and reporting. It’s accessible anytime, from any computer connected to the Internet. Secure and affordable, this system helps you quickly and automatically organise information, generate scores, and produce accurate, comprehensive reports.
Two options for scoring and reporting are now available on Q-global:
- The first option is to pay per-report. Customers who administer this assessment only a few times each year, or those who want the flexibility to pay only as the assessment is used, may prefer this option.
- The second option is to select an "unlimited use" subscription, where one user of this assessment gets unlimited scoring and reporting for a year. This may be a better option for customers who administer this measure several times each year - and don't want to worry about keeping track of their report expenses.
Please note there is no onscreen administration included in the scoring subscription. Customers selecting this option must manually enter data in order for scores and reports to be generated.
Record forms and other components are still available. Please contact customer services on 0845 630 88 88 or email@example.com for more information.
NEW: PPVT-4 Digital Stimulus Book: flash drive with stimulus book pictures of Form A and printable Administration directions (Windows version)