SCAN-3 provides you with a valid and reliable test battery to help identify auditory processing disorders and describe their impact in daily life. Screen and diagnose auditory processing diffi culties with one co-normed battery of tests.
Uses & Applications
- Obtain information to help you differentiate an auditory processing disorder from auditory attention problems and auditory comprehension difficulties
- Develop strategies to assist the child in managing auditory processing diffi culties at school, at home and in the community
Content & Administration
The SCAN-3 test battery includes:
- NEW! Gap Detection—Indicates presence of a temporal processing problem which may influence the ability to comprehend running speech
- Auditory Figure Ground (+8dB)—Tests ability to listen with background noise
- Competing Words (Free Recall) — Dichotic listening task (poor performance may indicate lack of maturation or abnormality of the auditory nervous system)
- Filtered Words—Indicates ability to process speech when the signal is distorted or compromised by a poor acoustic environment
- Competing Words (Directed Ear)—Dichotic listening task that indicates a child’s auditory maturation or developmental level
- Competing Sentences—Provides information about the maturation of the auditory nervous system
- Auditory Figure Ground (+0 dB and +12 dB)
- NEW! Time Compressed Sentences
Ear advantage scores are provided for all tests except Gap Detection.
Updated norms and continuous normative scores are provided across SCAN-3 Child and Adolescent/Adult editions so that you can continue to monitor progress as the child ages out of the SCAN-3:C for children.
Please see SCAN-3:A for the Adult edition of this product.