> CELF-5UK Coming 2018!
CELF-4 UK has been used by The Communication Trust as part of their Talk of the Town Project.
Read more >
The Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals - Fourth Edition UK (CELF-4UK), features a new approach to assessment that enables you to accurately and reliably assess a child's language difficulties. Combine core subtests with supplementary subtests to get a comprehensive assessment of a child's language skills as you create a pathway to intervention.
With improved diagnostic power, CELF-4UK uses a four-step assessment approach to identify children with language disorders quickly and with confidence.
You can administer the core subtests, four of CELF-4UK's most discriminating subtests, to get a Total Language Score which determines if a problem exists.
Going beyond the core subtests, the next step in the CELF-4UK assessment process helps you to determine the nature of the language disorder: the child's language strengths and weaknesses, Receptive Language and Expressive Language Scores.
Also, new to the CELF-4UK, are additional composite scores in:
- Language Structure
- Language Content
- Language Content and Memory
- Working Memory Scores.
Further testing with the following supplementary subtests also enables you to determine what critical clinical skills and behaviours underlie the child's language disorder:
- Phonological Awareness
- Rapid Automatic Naming
- Digit Span
- Word Associations
- Memory Composites.
The CELF-4UK provides a bridge to classroom language and broad-based IEP planning. You can use the Observational Rating Scales (ORS) and the Pragmatics Profile as descriptive measures of a child's academic and social language learning needs.
Features of the CELF-4UK
- CELF-4UK presents a multi-step assessment process that provides fast and accurate results
- The results provided help you to develop the most appropriate solutions for addressing children's language problems in the classroom
- Simple to administer and score, the CELF-4UK has two new easy-to-use Record Forms that provide only the subtests you need based on the child's age
- Flexibility of subtest administration allows for shorter testing times while providing highly reliable, accurate results
- New composite scores include Language Structure, Language Content, Language Content and Memory and Working Memory Scores
- Culturally diverse contexts and visual stimuli make CELF-4UK appropriate and interesting for conditions and diagnosed language disorders
- New subtests include Expressive Vocabulary, Word Definitions, Number Repetition 1 and 2, Familiar Sequences level 2, Phonological Awareness, Pragmatics Profile and the Observational Rating Scales.